Starting a floating network license manager
This page will walk through the basic steps necessary to start a GAUSS floating network license manager on the machine which you are using as the license server. It is assumed that GAUSS has already been installed on this computer and that you have received your floating network license file from Aptech.
- Open a Windows Command Prompt.
- Change the working directory of your Windows Command Prompt to your GAUSS installation directory with the command:
The GAUSS installation directory for this example is C:\gauss. Your GAUSS installation directory may be different.
- List the license files in this directory with the command:
- Print the contents of your license to the screen with the command:
- Check your computer's hostid with the command:
and make sure it matches what is in your GAUSS license file.
- Start the Reprise license manager with the command:
- Verify that GAUSS will start on the license server
Test that GAUSS is installed correctly and the license manager is working by starting GAUSS on the server. Check to see what license type/license ID GAUSS is using by clicking on Help -> About GAUSS.
Set up RLM as a Windows Service
To set up RLM as a Windows service, follow the instructions here.
To set up RLM as a system service on Linux that starts automatically at system boot time, see the RLM End User Manual here for an example of a script for that purpose.
Next: Configure Clients