- Install GAUSS on each client workstation where it will be run.
- Place a copy of the license file used for the License Server machine in the main GAUSS folder of each client machine as follows:
- Windows: c:\gauss15
- Mac: /Users/YourUserName/gauss15 on Mac
- LINUX: The directory where you installed GAUSS
- Start GAUSS on the client machine by double-clicking the desktop icon.
- Verify GAUSS is using the floating network license by selecting Help->About GAUSS from the main application menu and examining the license type.
- Identify any Firewalls. If there are any firewalls are present, including the Windows firewall, the Client License file must be modified to work with the firewalls. Please see Working with Firewalls for detailed instructions.
- Install any GAUSS application modules (CMLMT, Maxlik, Optmum, TSMT, etc) that will be used with GAUSS on each client machine where they are needed. Use the Application Install Wizard with GAUSS 13 or later found under the GAUSS Tools menu to install the applications on each client machine.
Alternative client license
If you do not have access to the license server's license file, you can manually create a client license file. This client license should be a one line file that contains:
For example, if your license server's hostname is dept17_server and its ip address is 10.1.21.0.95, then the client file would need to contain either:
or it could contain:
Usually the ip address is specified if the client machine cannot resolve the hostname of the license server.
NOTE: If a firewall is present and ports are specified in the server license file, use the server license file on client machines rather than a one-line client license. Or see the client license instructions on the Working with Firewalls page.
Next: Working with Firewalls