- GAUSS Programming Basics
- Formula string syntax
- Loading Data
- Econometrics in GAUSS
- Bayesian fundamentals
- Graphing in GAUSS
- Optimizing your GAUSS code
- Threading in GAUSS
- Using Structures
- Multi-dimensional arrays in GAUSS
GAUSS Programming Basics: Start Here
Formula string syntax
- Loading variables with a formula string.
- Descriptive statistics with a formula string.
- Ordinary least squares regression with a formula string.
- Generalized linear model with a formula string.
- Reading and writing Excel data with GAUSS
- Reading CSV and other text data
- Saving and loading GAUSS matrix files
Econometrics basics in GAUSS
- Linear regression
- OLS diagnostics: Error term normality
- OLS diagnostics: Heteroscedasticity
- OLS diagnostics: Influential data tests
- OLS diagnostics: Multicollinearity
- OLS diagnostics: Model specification
- Monte Carlo integration
- Importance sampling
- Gibbs sampling from a bivariate normal distribution
- Metropolis-Hastings sampler
Graphing in GAUSS
- Basic graphs in GAUSS with programmatic customization.
- Exporting graphs interactively.
- Time series plots.
Optimizing your GAUSS code
Threading in GAUSS
- Introduction: Internally threaded functions
- User created threads
- Performance considerations
- Introduction to Parallel Loops
- Why learn to use structures?
- A gentle introduction to using structures
- Converting to structures: An example with ols and olsmt