Choose a Computer to Act as the License Server
The license server is the computer that runs the licensing software for GAUSS Floating Network licenses. The license server can be any computer capable of running GAUSS. All client machines on which you run GAUSS must be able to connect to the license server over your network.
Install GAUSS on the License ServerOnce you have chosen a suitable computer to act as a license server, follow these instructions to install GAUSS on the license server.
Activating your GAUSS License
Activation with GAUSS License Key (GAUSS 23+)
If you have been provided a GAUSS License Key, please do the following to set up your License:
- Make sure you have administrative privileges when installing GAUSS.
- Delete any *.lic files from your GAUSS Home directory (e.g. gauss23)
- Start up GAUSS.
- Select and enter the Floating Network License Activation Key on the Activate License Key Online option.
- Press [NEXT]
- You should see: GAUSS License Activation - Successfully Activated with your License Activation Key listed and the name and location of where your License File was saved. Example: C:\gauss23\acttUkVAs.lic
- Press [FINISH]
- The Activation Window will display again and you will see the following error message:Error (-17): Communications error with license server (-17)Connection refused at server (-111)
- Press [CANCEL] and exit GAUSS
- Start the License Manager
- Follow these step-by-step instructions for further installation and troubleshooting assistance.
GAUSS 22 and lower
Fill out this form to request your License File.