Run the installer
- Extract and run the GAUSS installer.
- To run the installer, open Finder and browse to the location where the GAUSS installer was downloaded. The downloaded file should be named GAUSS_19_MacOSX_64.zip.
- Double click on the zip file and you should see the GAUSS macOS installer file.
- Double click on the GAUSS macOS installer to begin the installation.
- Follow the installer's instructions to complete the installation.
GAUSS 19 must be installed in a location in which the user has read and write privileges. We recommend the default installation of /Users/myName/gauss19 for best results.
Request your GAUSS License
GAUSS v18 & PriorDuring the installation process, a file called hostid.txt will be created in the GAUSSHOME folder. The hostid.txt file can usually be found in the /Users/myName/gauss## folder where ## represents the version number of GAUSS you are installing, unless you specified a different location during installation. Tip: On some versions of macOS, it can be hard to find your macOS home directory using "Finder." Pressing Command+H should bring it up. To request your GAUSS license, fill out this form. The final line of hostid.txt contains the hostid of your computer which you will need for your license request. If the hostid number is blank, click here.
GAUSS v19+GAUSS version 19 and above uses a License Activation Key for activation. Start up GAUSS 19+ and follow the prompts to enter one of the License Activation Keys you have been previously provided into the GAUSS License Activation Window. If you do not have a GAUSS License Activation Key, fill out this form.
Floating Network License-InstallationContinue with these instructions.
Single User License Installation
Install your GAUSS License
GAUSS 18 & PriorWhen you receive your GAUSS License File, simply place the File in the directory in which GAUSS is installed. Ensure that you retain the *.lic file extension. The default location is: /Users/myName/gauss## where ## represents the version number of GAUSS you are installing. Start GAUSS by either clicking on the desktop icon, or the start menu short-cut.
GAUSS 19+Start GAUSS by either clicking on the desktop icon, or the start menu short-cut. Enter the applicable License Activation Key (e.g., Primary, Home, or one of your PPSM Laptop licenses) that you have been provided into the License Activation Window and follow the prompts.
Verify Your LicenseTo confirm that your license file is installed correctly:
- Start GAUSS
- From from the main GAUSS program menu bar, select: Help->About GAUSS.
Installing GAUSS for macOS in a Shared/Multi-User EnvironmentFor all users to run GAUSS in a shared, multi-user macOS environment, please do the following:
- Copy the entire contents of your GAUSSHOME to a location in which all users can access, such as: /Users/shared/gauss19
- Change the name of the 'gauss' executable to 'gaussapp'.
- Make a bash script named 'gauss' in the same directory (which should be /Applications/GAUSS 19.app/Contents/MacOS). The contents would be:
#!/bin/bash export GAUSSHOME19=/Users/Shared/gauss19 /Applications/GAUSS 19.app/Contents/MacOS/gaussapp
- Make sure everyone has execution permission for this file.