My Hostid Number is BlankIf your hostid number is blank, it is because GAUSS must be installed in a location in which the user has read and write privileges. If the user does not have sufficient privileges, the hostid number will return blank. >> Solution. - To generate a hostid number, please click here. - We recommend that GAUSS 19 be installed at c:\gauss19 for Windows and /Users/yourname/gauss19/ on Mac. - We do NOT recommend installing GAUSS 19 under your c:\Program Files\ or c:\Program Files(x86) folders due to potential permissions issues.
License Manager Error: No License for Product(-1)If you receive the following error message, it normally is because the hostid number used in your license file is different from the actual hostid number of your computer. >> Solution. Please do the following:
- Press the "Copy" button on the error message pop-up next to the Host ID line. This will copy the hostid number into your computer's memory.
- Locate the Email from Aptech that sent you your License File (OR press the button that says "Request License").
- Select "Reply" in your Email.
- Type CTRL-V [Mac: CMD-V] to paste the hostid number into the body of the Email.
- Press the "Screenshot" button on the bottom of the error message pop-up. This will copy the entire error message.
- Type CTRL-V [Mac: CMD-V] to paste the screenshot into the body of the Email.
- Send the Email to Aptech License.
- Aptech will re-issue the License File based on the updated information.
- You may also submit this information by copying and pasting the output into a License File Request