Easy Management of Categorical Variables
Categorical variables offer an important opportunity to capture qualitative effects in statistical modeling. Unfortunately, it can be tedious and cumbersome to manage categorical variables in statistical software. The new GAUSS category type, introduced in GAUSS 21, makes it easy and intuitive to work with categorical data. In today’s blog we use real-life housing data to explore the numerous advantages of the GAUSS category type including:Tagged in
- Easy set up and viewing of categorical data.
- Simple renaming of category labels.
- Easy changing of the reference base case and reordering of categories.
- Single-line frequency plots and tables.
- Internal creation of dummy variables for regressions.
- Proper labeling of categories in regression output.