Aptech Systems, Inc. Worldwide Headquarters
Aptech Systems, Inc.
2350 East Germann Road, Suite #21
Chandler, AZ 85286
Ready to Get Started?
Request Quote & Product Information
Training & Events
Step-by-step, informative lessons for those who want to dive into GAUSS and achieve their goals, fast.
Have a Specific Question?
Q&A: Register and Login
Premier Support and Platinum Premier Support are annually renewable membership programs that provide you with important benefits including technical support, product maintenance, and substantial cost-saving features for your GAUSS System or the GAUSS Engine.
Join our community to see why our users are considered some of the most active and helpful in the industry!
Where to Buy
Recent Tagsapplications character vectors CML CMLMT Constrained Optimization datasets dates dlibrary dllcall error error handling errors Excel file i/o floating network GAUSS Engine graphics GUI hotkeys installation Java API license licensing linux loading data loops matrices matrix manipulation Maxlik MaxLikMT Memory multidimensional array optimization Optmum output PQG graphics procs RAM random numbers string functions strings structures threading Time Series writing data
Time Series 2.0 MT
Find out more now
Time Series MT 2.1
Find out more now
I'm currently using Gauss 11. What's new in Gauss 14 compared to 11?
There have been numerous improvements and additions to GAUSS between version 11 and 14. Below is a partial list of the new functions and features by version.
- New in GAUSS 12
- Improved graphics for bar, box, histogram, log, polar, scatter, surface and xy that are easier to use and nicer looking.
- Support for integrated program input/output window added as opposed to an input window that is separate from the output window
- Greatly improved speed of output printed to the screen and decreased memory usage.
- New random number generators for the following distributions: Bernoulli, binomial, Bernoulli, Cauchy, exponential, generalized Pareto, geometric, Gumbel, Laplace, log-normal, multi-variate normal, multi-variate student-t, negative binomial, Rayleigh, Weibull, and Wishart.
- Option to select one of the following underlying random number generators (for any supported distribution), Mersenne-Twister 19937, Mersenne-Twister 2203, MRG32K3A, or Wichmann-Hill.
- Support for parallel random number generation through block-skipping and the ability to create multiple random number streams.
- New in GAUSS 13
- New in GAUSS 14
- Full suite of database functions with support for MySql, Oracle, ODBC, PostGRE, MS-SQL, SQLite and more.
- New Project View Window lets you add any number of folders. Simple GUI controls allow you to run or edit any file in the Project View Window.
- Smart editor finds and highlights errors in your program file before you run the file.
- Improved error report formatting provides error reports that are easier to read and understand as well as looking great and allowing one-click navigation to the source of the error.
Throughout these versions there have also been many smaller enhancements, new functions and bug fixes.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
We estimate model use Markov chain Monte Carlo. We also heavily use constraint optimization and comt. Is there any important aspect of the upgrade for our problem?