GAUSS/GAUSS Engine v13 (and later versions) features an Applications Installer Wizard
that simplifies installing GAUSS Applications (libraries).
To Use the Applications Installer Wizard
- Download and Save the application ZIP file to your computer, in either your GAUSS 13 (or current version) folder or a temporary location such as your Downloads folder.
Mac Users: If your Safari browser is extracting the application ZIP file upon download, you can change your Safari browser settings to just download the .zip file and leave it for you to decide what to do:
-Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.
- Go to Tools->Install Application:
- After selecting Install Application, you should see a dialog like this:
- Select Next to proceed; you will be prompted to 'Choose' the application ZIP file.
Note: If you are unable to 'Choose..' the zip file, enlarge the pop-up window by selecting the lower right corner of the pop-up window and dragging the corner down and to the right.
- Click Choose; the wizard assumes that the ZIP file is located in your current working directory, so if it is in another folder, browse to that location and select the application that you want to install. Note that GAUSS in-house applications begin with the prefix app_.
- Once you have selected the file, click Open, then Next to install the application.
Verify Successful Installation
- If the application was successfully installed, you should see a dialog like this:
- You can confirm that the application is ready for use by:
- Open the Source tab and look at the list of libraries (*.lcg files) available in the Library Tool. All installed libraries will be listed there.
- Run an Example file:
- Select File>Open
- Choose one of the Example files (File Type: GAUSS Source File)
- Press the 'Run' icon on the GAUSS Toolbar and Run the file
- If the example runs, the GAUSS Application has been installed correctly.
How to Install Multiple GAUSS Applications
To install multiple libraries at one time, hold down CTRL key when selecting the files to be installed and the Applications Installer Tool will install them all at once.
- File Already Exists. When installing an application, a message appears stating “The file “________” already exists. Do you want to overwrite this file?”. This is because the application or an older version of the application was previously installed and a file with that name was found during installation.
>> Solution: You have the choice to continue with the installation or to cancel as appropriate in your situation.
- Can't Open File. When running an example that came with the application, an error appears stating “Can’t open <filename>”. This is because some of the application examples come with sample data files.
>> Solution: You need to change your working directory to be in the examples directory to run these examples. The examples directory will be inside the GAUSS home directory, for example C:\gauss13\examples.
- Library not found G0290. When running an example or your own code that uses the application an error appears stating “Library not found G0290″. This means that the library file (which ends with an .lcg extension) is not in the correct location. Most likely the application has not been installed. If you have more than one version of GAUSS on your computer, it may have been installed to the home folder of one of the other GAUSS installations.
>> Solution: Reinstall the GAUSS Application using the Application Installer Wizard from within the version of GAUSS you are using (i.e.,GAUSS16).
- Help. For further assistance, please click User Forum