Our new Introduction to GAUSS offers a guide for users coming from Stata who are looking to get started quickly in GAUSS. It offers side-by-side comparisons of essential analysis tasks in GAUSS and Stata.
The guide is easily searchable making it a quick and intuitive reference tool for new and experienced GAUSS users, alike.
In this introduction, you'll learn everything you need to get started in GAUSS including:
- Constructing a dataframe from values.
- Reading external dataset.
- Interactively loading data.
- Viewing data.
- Indexing matrices and dataframes.
- Operations on variables.
- Matrix operations.
- Selection of data.
- Creating usable dates from raw data.
- Creating dates from existing strings.
- Changing the display format.
- Finding the length of a string.
- Finding the position of a substring.
- Extracting a substring by position.
- Extracting words.
- Changing case.
If you're new to GAUSS and are familiar with Stata, you'll find our Introduction to GAUSS the perfect tool for getting up and running.
Eric has been working to build, distribute, and strengthen the GAUSS universe since 2012. He is an economist skilled in data analysis and software development. He has earned a B.A. and MSc in economics and engineering and has over 18 years of combined industry and academic experience in data analysis and research.