Many users in the GAUSS community may have the same questions that you do. The User Forum is a great place find answers to common issues.
Startup Troubleshooting Window
The Start-up Troubleshooting Window in GAUSS 15.1+ provides information to help diagnose license issues, including:
- GAUSS version and build number.
- Location of your GAUSSHOME folder.
- Your computer's HostID.
- All license files located in your GAUSSHOME folder.
- Ability to:
- Create a screenshot of the Startup Troubleshooting Window.
- Copy your HostID number and paste it into your license request.
- Request your License.
Gather Diagnostic Information
- Enter your License Activation Key in the License Activation Window and press Next.
- If an error message is displayed, copy-and-paste the error message into a Support Ticket Request.
- Press the Diagnostics button at the bottom of the License Activation Window to open the Startup Troubleshooting Window.
- Press the Screenshot button on the Startup Troubleshooting Window to copy a screenshot of this window to your computer's clipboard.
- Paste this screenshot into the same support ticket that you created above in Step 2.
- Attach any
*.licfiles from your GAUSSHOME directory by pressing Choose file from the bottom of the Support Ticket web form.
- Submit the Support Ticket.
- On the License Manager Error Window, press the Screenshot button.
- Paste this License Manager Error Window screenshot into a Support Ticket Request.
- At the bottom of the Support Ticket web form, press Choose File. Browse to your GAUSSHOME directory and attach any *.lic files.
- Submit the support ticket.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window.
- Change to your GAUSSHOME directory.
- List of the license files in your GAUSSHOME directory: Windows
- Print the contents of the license(s) to the terminal window: Windows
- Find the IP and MAC address of your computer: Windows
- Start up GAUSS from the terminal window: Windows
- Generate an Updated HostID Number.
- Copy and paste the entire output from the above steps into your Support Request.