Faster. More powerful. Easier to use.
Expanded suite of date and time tools
- Easily convert dates between many formats.
- Generate date vectors of varying frequency and length.
- New functions to transform and operate on times and dates.
- New support for high-frequency data.
- Perform conditional quantile regressions using interior-point or quadratic programming algorithms.
- Estimate local linear or quadratic regressions.
- Compute bootstrapped standard errors and confidence intervals.
Faster fundamental computations
- Multiply arrays with 50 or more elements 20% to 3,500% faster.
- Invert matrices 20%-400% faster.
- Faster log, ln, and exp functions.
- Increased matrix multiplication speed for non-square matrices.
Expanded covariance computations
- New cluster-robust and heteroscedastic-robust covariance computations.
- Use as stand-alone functions or with OLS regressions.
- Compute outer product of gradients (OPG) covariance after optimization.
New graphics tools
- Plot high-frequency and irregular time series data.
- plotTS now supports daily data.
- Simple controls for tick label locations in 2-D graphs.
- New controls for box plot grouping.
Other new mathematical functions
- impute fills missing data with mean or median values (more options to come).
- norm matrix 1, 2 (Spectral), Infinity, Frobenius and Nuclear norms or the vector p-norm.
- lagTrim returns a matrix containing specified lags and/or leads with incomplete rows removed.
- recservar performs efficient simulation of a VAR model.
- saved now provides a simple way to save datasets in CSV, or XLS/XLSX format.