Increase your productivity with GAUSS 18
Move from data to results more efficiently than ever with GAUSS 18. New features improve data reading and handling capabilities, expand built-in analytical and graphic tools and significantly increase computation speeds. Learn more about how you can accomplish more with the most powerful GAUSS version yet!
Improved data handling
Load, transform and analyze in one line. Simple to use formula string notation supports:
- Categorical and dummy variables
- Data transformations (ln, exp and more)
- SAS and Stata datasets
Generalized Method of Moments (GMM)
New GAUSS 18 GMM procedures estimate parameters from custom user specified moment equations or analytic instrumental variables estimates using one step, two-step, iterative, or continuously updating GMM.
Convey insights from your data with modern, professional images.
- 30+ built-in color palettes, and custom palettes
- Programmatic canvas sizing
- Added 2-D plot flexibility and options
New functions to increase productivity
Uncover data insights quicker with new tools for searching matrices and string arrays, reorganizing, merging, and much more!
• Chained concatenation operations 2-4x faster
• X’Y for vector-vector case 15%-600% faster
• Descriptive statistics and OLS 15-30% faster for medium to large matrices
New mathematical functions
• besselk computes the modified Bessel function of the second kind; useful for the negative inverse gaussian distribution.
• rndRayleigh to compute Rayleigh distributed random numbers.
• gmmFit and gmmFitIV for estimation using the generalized method of moments.
• cdfTruncNorm, pdfTruncNorm, cdfLogNorm and pdfLogNorm.
• Optional mu, and sigma inputs for cdfn and pdfn
• Array support for erf, erfc, erfcinv, erfc, pdfn, power op.