GAUSS 22 brings many substantial new features that will save you hours of time and frustration with everyday tasks like:
- Data exploration
- Data cleaning and management
See some of the ways that GAUSS 22 will help you make the most of your limited research time below!
Intelligent Graph Attributes
- Specify variables to plot by name with convenient formula strings.
- Automatic, intelligent use of variable names and category labels.
- Split data using the new 'by' keyword.
- Never overwrites your settings.
Highlight Important Parts of Your Data
- Specify locations with simple date strings, category labels, numbers, or popular datasets.
- Add spanning bars and lines with one line of code.
Simple Data Filtering with Strings and Dates
- Reference dates, category labels, and variable names.
- Use greater than and less than comparisons with ordinal data.
Easily Generate New Variables
- Create categorical variables from string arrays.
- Automatically convert simple date strings to real date variables.
- Simple new functions and interactive controls to rename and change types.
- Function for combining, splitting, and manipulating strings now support string, categorical and date variables.
Clean Messy Data
- Fix typos and misentries.
- Consolidate categories.
- Identify and remove outliers.
- Identify and remove duplicate observations.
Aggregate by String, Category or Date
- Options for how to handle missing values.
Simple Data Merge
- Load and combine data from CSV, Excel, SAS, Stata, SPSS.
GAUSS 22 has more new features and bug fixes than any previous version. For a complete list of what's new, see the changelog.