Aptech Systems, Inc. Worldwide Headquarters
Aptech Systems, Inc.
2350 East Germann Road, Suite #21
Chandler, AZ 85286
Ready to Get Started?
Request Quote & Product Information
Training & Events
Step-by-step, informative lessons for those who want to dive into GAUSS and achieve their goals, fast.
Have a Specific Question?
Q&A: Register and Login
Premier Support and Platinum Premier Support are annually renewable membership programs that provide you with important benefits including technical support, product maintenance, and substantial cost-saving features for your GAUSS System or the GAUSS Engine.
Join our community to see why our users are considered some of the most active and helpful in the industry!
Where to Buy
Recent Tagsapplications character vectors CML CMLMT Constrained Optimization datasets dlibrary dllcall econometrics error error codes error handling errors Excel file i/o floating network GAUSS Engine GAUSS Light graphics GUI hotkeys installation Java API license licensing linux loading data loops matrices matrix manipulation Maxlik MaxLikMT Memory multidimensional array optimization Optmum output panel data PQG graphics procs random numbers strings structures threading writing data
Time Series 2.0 MT
Find out more now
Time Series MT 2.1
Find out more now
What specs should I look when buying a computer to run GAUSS?
Tags: asked October 18, 2012
I am considering purchasing a new computer and would like to know what specs it should have in order to run GAUSS most effectively.
In general a good minimum system would be:
- 4 Gb RAM
- AMD Athlon or Phenom Processor or Intel I3/I5/I7 processor running at 2 Ghz
- All modern machines will have enough hard drive space
Some recommended improvements to the system above:
- An Intel I5/I7 processor with the 'Sandy Bridge' or 'Ivey Bridge' architecture.
- This can double the speed of some larger linear algebra calculations
- If your data is large or you run many applications at once: 8 Gb RAM
- A dedicated graphics card with at least 1Gb of RAM
- If you will do much saving and loading data from disk, getting a 7200 RPM hard drive or a solid state hard drive will be beneficial.