Aptech Systems, Inc. Worldwide Headquarters
Aptech Systems, Inc.
2350 East Germann Road, Suite #21
Chandler, AZ 85286
Ready to Get Started?
Request Quote & Product Information
Training & Events
Step-by-step, informative lessons for those who want to dive into GAUSS and achieve their goals, fast.
Have a Specific Question?
Q&A: Register and Login
Premier Support and Platinum Premier Support are annually renewable membership programs that provide you with important benefits including technical support, product maintenance, and substantial cost-saving features for your GAUSS System or the GAUSS Engine.
Join our community to see why our users are considered some of the most active and helpful in the industry!
Where to Buy
Recent Tagsapplications character vectors CML CMLMT Constrained Optimization datasets dlibrary dllcall error error codes error handling errors Excel file i/o floating network GAUSS Engine GAUSS Light graphics GUI hotkeys installation Java API license licensing linux loading data loops matrices matrix manipulation Maxlik MaxLikMT Memory multidimensional array optimization Optmum output PQG graphics procs RAM random numbers string functions strings structures threading writing data
Time Series 2.0 MT
Find out more now
Time Series MT 2.1
Find out more now
How can I perform a silent install of GAUSS?
I'm working on deploying a network license of GAUSS 14. I am working on setting up a remote deployment for the client machines and was looking to see if there is a way that I can:
- make it silent and set the options ahead of time
- change the path to the folder in which GAUSS is installed and suppress the file that appears with the hostid
- make sure it is installing for all users
You can perform a silent install of GAUSS using the Windows 'msiexec' command line tool. Here are a few things you will need to know:
1) The GAUSS installation directory is controlled by the APPDIR variable.
2) To successfully install GAUSS with no install user interface, 'msiexec' will need to be run with administrator privileges.
3) "Install for Everyone" is the default choice, so you will not need to reference this from the command line.
4) The GAUSS installer will not pop-up Notepad with the hostid information if there is already a license file in the GAUSS installation directory.
For example, if you want to install GAUSS in C:\Users\Jim\gauss14 then you would:
1) Create the folder C:\Users\Jim\gauss14
2) Copy the client license to this directory
3) From an admin command prompt run this script:
msiexec /i C:\Path\to\GAUSSx64.msi /qn APPDIR="C:\Users\Jim\gauss14"