I am considering purchasing a new computer and would like to know what specs it should have in order to run GAUSS most effectively.
In general a good minimum system would be:
- 4 Gb RAM
- AMD Athlon or Phenom Processor or Intel I3/I5/I7 processor running at 2 Ghz
- All modern machines will have enough hard drive space
- An Intel I5/I7 processor with the 'Sandy Bridge' or 'Ivey Bridge' architecture.
- This can double the speed of some larger linear algebra calculations
- If your data is large or you run many applications at once: 8 Gb RAM
- A dedicated graphics card with at least 1Gb of RAM
- If you will do much saving and loading data from disk, getting a 7200 RPM hard drive or a solid state hard drive will be beneficial.
Please login or Register to submit your answer