I'm working on deploying a network license of GAUSS 14. I am working on setting up a remote deployment for the client machines and was looking to see if there is a way that I can:
- make it silent and set the options ahead of time
- change the path to the folder in which GAUSS is installed and suppress the file that appears with the hostid
- make sure it is installing for all users
You can perform a silent install of GAUSS using the Windows 'msiexec' command line tool. Here are a few things you will need to know:
1) The GAUSS installation directory is controlled by the APPDIR variable.
2) To successfully install GAUSS with no install user interface, 'msiexec' will need to be run with administrator privileges.
3) "Install for Everyone" is the default choice, so you will not need to reference this from the command line.
4) The GAUSS installer will not pop-up Notepad with the hostid information if there is already a license file in the GAUSS installation directory.
For example, if you want to install GAUSS in C:\Users\Jim\gauss14 then you would:
1) Create the folder C:\Users\Jim\gauss14
2) Copy the client license to this directory
3) From an admin command prompt run this script:
msiexec /i C:\Path\to\GAUSSx64.msi /qn APPDIR="C:\Users\Jim\gauss14"
Please login or Register to submit your answer